About the Video Author:
Heather Vaughn is an independent consultant for Jamberry nails.
She posted this video on YouTube as one of “Heather’s Two Minute Tips”.
Video times listed below in bold:
- 0:00 – 0:08 – Introduction.
- 0:09 – 0:18 – Items needed:
- 1-2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- Microwave safe container
- Orange stick or tweezers
- Dry paper towel or wash cloth
- 0:19 – 0:34 – Preparation:
- Microwave coconut oil for approximately 30 to 45 seconds or until liquid and warm to the touch.
- You may even want to let your coconut oil set for 2 or 3 minutes after microwaving to avoid getting burned.
- USE CAUTION: HOT COCONUT OIL MAY BURN YOUR SKIN!
- 0:35 – 0:45 – STEP 1: Soak nail in warm, liquid coconut oil. This should help soften the adhesive.
- 0:46 – 0:55 – STEP 2: Use orange stick to gently lift the edges of the nail wrap. This breaks the seal between the wrap and the nail.
- 0:56 – 1:10 – STEP 3: Soak nail again. Gently rub the nail and the wrap to remove adhesive.
- 1:11 – 1:33 – STEP 4: Expose nail little by little to gently remove the wrap. Repeat as often as necessary until all adhesive is and wrap have been removed.
- 1:34 – 1:48 – STEP 5: Wipe away remaining adhesive and oil with a paper towel or wash cloth and then wash hands thoroughly.
- 1:49 – 2:01 – Video closes and ends.
Article source: Heather Vaughn. Originally published on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVfY3sSKYG4 on January 16, 2014. And, also appeared there on September 2, 2014.
Please note that while this site offers information, it should not be taken as medical advice.
Please consult a trusted medical professional before using the information on this site.
Results should be expected to vary from individual to individual. Also, please understand that you may still need to do other things to support your health in addition to using the information on this site as the information on this site is not intended for diagnosis or treatment.