About the Video Author:
The video author is Maicurls on YouTube.
This is easy formula is for both your Skin and Hair. Maicurls uses the “Oil/Cream” as a part of some of her mixed recipes and will add other ingredients to it. She mainly use the mix for her Skin (Face & Body Moisturizer) however, she also adds a little of it to her DIY Flaxseed Gel on occasion.
When making this you need to make sure your coconut oil is a semi solid (not completely melted down but also not rock solid) and you need to use a whisk to whip it up. You can not use a blender otherwise your oil will melt down due to the heat of the blades. If you use an electric whisk, the preparation time will be much quicker versus using a hand held whisk, but both work just as well.
We Hope you enjoy the video!
Video times listed below in bold:
- 0:00-0:48 – Maicurls introduces the video and mentions that you will need coconut oil, as the main ingredient.
- 0:49-1:04 – As an optional ingredient, you may want to include an essential oil (whichever one you prefer).
- 1:05-1:34 – You will also need a whisk.
- 1:35-1:38 – Once you make this DIY coconut oil cream, it will appear as pictured in the video.
- 1:39-1:53 – Use it for your hair and skin. Maicurls uses it as a body and face moisturizer.
- 1:54-2:28 – It will be easiest to make this cream when the coconut oil is semi-solid, which can often occur at room temperature or with the addition of a little heat.
- 2:29-2:39 – Use a whisk, not a blender. Blender blades can heat up and melt the coconut oil.
- 2:40-3:48 – The author mixes everything in a bowl. She then whisks it. Expect this process to take approximately 5 minutes. After completing this process, your bowl contents should be “light, soft and creamy”.
- 3:49-4:12 – Add a few (optional) drops of your favorite essential oil. Mix in the oil.
- 4:13-4:35 – This video segment shows the completed cream.
- 4:36-4:47 – The video closes.
- 1.5 – 2 cups of pure Coconut Oil
- A few drops of Essential Oil (Optional)
- A whisk (either electric or manual hand held)
- Grapes – I Dunno
- Licensed under Creative Commons Attribution (3.0)
To listen to someone speak about the benefits of putting coconut oil on your hair: click here
Article source: Maicurls on YouTube. Originally published at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0y4YrAzXco on December 27, 2013. And, also appeared there on June 2, 2014.
Please note that while this site offers information, it should not be taken as medical advice.
Please consult a trusted medical professional before using the information on this site.
Results should be expected to vary from individual to individual. Also, please understand that you may still need to do other things to support your health in addition to using the information on this site as the information on this site is not intended for diagnosis or treatment.