About the Video Author:
This “Nutrition by Natalie” video was posted by PsycheTruth on YouTube.
PsychTruth hosts educational videos about, massage, yoga, nutrition, chiropractic, psychology, weight loss, how to, massage therapy, fitness, workout, wellness, alternative medicine, health care, fitness, training, exercise, interesting facts and mind control.
Video times listed below in bold:
- 0:00 – 0:56 – Introduction. The video author believes that coconut oil should be in everyone’s kitchen pantry for the following reasons:
- 0:57 – 1:32 – #1: Because coconut oil is high in vitamins, minerals, enzymes and anti-oxidants, which help the body fight stress.
- 1:33 – 1:52 – #2: Coconuts (not the oil) is rich in fiber and can help regulate bowell movements while assisting with a feeling of fullness.
- 1:53 – 2:38 – #3: Coconuts and coconut oil is heart healthy, according to recent studies and research. As well tradional doctors in the United States are beginning to pick up on this.
- 2:39 – 3:13 – #4: Coconut oil is very easily digested, because it does not require enzymes produced by the pancrease, to be broken down. This creates less stress on the body.
- 3:14 – 3:53 – #5: Coconut and coconut oil is considered anti-viral, anti-bacterial and ant-fungal and supportive of the body’s immune system, because they naturally contain certain, specific fatty acids, such as Lauric Acid, Caprylic Acid and Capric Acid.
- 3:54 – 4:39 – #6: It contains medium chain fatty acids, which your body can digest must easier than most fats found in dairy and meat products, because these fats are long-chain fats. The medium-chain fats in coconut and coconut oil is different and has not been shown to place the heart at the same risk levels.
- 4:40 – 5:26: – #7: Medium Chain Fatty acids in coconut oil may increase the absorbtion of other nutrients, assisting with digestion.This may be extremely beneficial for people suffering from intestinal discomfort.
- 5:27 – 6:01 – #8: Medium Chain Fatty acids are processed through the liver and converted into energy, instead of being immediately stored as fat, which is what long-chain fats are typically recognized for. Because of this, the medium chain fats in coconut oil may also contribute to an increasing metabolism.
- 6:02 – 6:47 – #9: Coconut water is an excellent electrolite (sodium and potassium) replacement, compared to sports drinks, which are typically high in sugar, thus contributing also to dehydration.
- 6:48 – 8:06 – #10: Coconut oil is very stable at high temperatures and is a much better option for food frying than any of the hydrogenated oils. Extra virgin olive oil is also not stable at high temperatures and should not be used if cooking with heat or frying. Coconut oil does not pose this same risk.
- 8:07 – 9:20 – Additional Info: Feel free to cook with or eat it raw. Make sure coconut oil is a health addition to your diet. Also, try to putting it in smoothes.
- 9:21 – 9:41 – Video closes.
“The Truth About Coconut – Nutrition by Natalie” video published by PsycheTruth. Originally published at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTRMhv31FFQ on February 10, 2008. And, also appeared there on August 25, 2014.
Please note that while this site offers information, it should not be taken as medical advice.
Please consult a trusted medical professional before using the information on this site.
Results should be expected to vary from individual to individual. Also, please understand that you may still need to do other things to support your health in addition to using the information on this site as the information on this site is not intended for diagnosis or treatment.